· CAHS seeks to adopt to those who are financially secure and in a stable living situation in order to maximize the likelihood of a lifelong bond. Older teens, newly on their own, or still living with parents, may find themselves, in a year or two, making life changes that result in their no longer being able to care for their pet. Because of these reasons and as our desire is to find forever homes for our animals, as of August 1st, 2019 we have implemented 22 as a minimum age to adopt.
· There may be, at some time, significant veterinary costs involved with any pet. We ask that people adopt only if they are adults, have seriously evaluated the meaning of a twenty-year commitment and are financially able to bear the cost of future emergencies.
· All applicants who live in a rental property must provide contact information for their landlord, and have approval from the landlord to have a pet at the residence listed on the adoption application
· Applicants must allow CAHS to conduct a home visit to confirm that your home will be a good environment for a new pet
· All animals in the applicant’s household must be spayed/neutered and up to date on all vaccines before consideration
· All adults living in the home must meet the pet and be in agreement about adoption
· No animal will be adopted to a group of three (3) or more unrelated adults living in the same household (e.g. student housing).
· Applicants must be willing to keep their new pet and current family pets as indoor pets
· All adoptive families will provide all medical care and treatment needed for the pet including, but not limited to, yearly medical checkups, vaccines, and preventative heartworm medication
· Dogs will be adopted only as a personal companion and not as a gift, working animal, or guard dog
· A fenced yard is ideal for dogs, but is NOT a requirement for adoption unless specified
· Because young puppies require intensive training and care, we cannot place puppies younger than five months of age in a home where someone is consistently absent from the home for long periods of time
· In the event an adoption does not work out, applicants must agree to return the pet to CAHS rather than rehoming the pet themselves
· Kittens/Puppies and Children – For the safety of children and kittens/Puppies alike, we do not adopt kittens or puppies under the age of 6 months into families with children under 6 years of age.
· CAHS only adopts cats/ kittens to be indoor pets. This means INDOORS ALL OF THE TIME. We admit that CAHS is more stringent in this policy than many other organizations. If NEVER letting your cat outdoors does not suit your household, please let us refer you to other organizations which have a more lenient CONTRACT.
I had the best experience adopting from Circle Area Humane Society located in Circleville, Ohio! They are so kind and caring with all of the animals. I cannot say enough about how fantastic CAHS was to work with through the adoption process. Thank you for all you do! - Britney Winters
I adopted my dog Simon from them and I am so happy! Simon has been with me for over a year now, and the shelter gave him a good, fresh re-start to life. First, it was one of the cleanest shelters I've ever seen and the staff is amazing! Thank you for giving me Simon, he is the best boy! Such a sweet dog and he is loved by everyone in my family! - Heidi Summerlin
Such a wonderful place! We adopted little Cooper from CAHS last year and this has been one of the best decisions we've made! He's such a super sweet dog and they are willing to work with you during the adoption! Love our little boy and so glad he can be in a loving home. I would not hesitate to adopt from here again or recommend anyone to here! - Jennifer Hedges
This place is cat lovers heaven! The staff is amazing and I am so thankful I was able to adopt hickory. I lost my dear Winnie and my heart was broken, this cat will be loved and cherished. I can not put into words how thankful I am to have people in the world that truly care about animals! - Amanda Hoover
We were a little nervous about searching for our first pup, but Circle Area Humane Society welcomed us with open arms! They took the time to walk us through every dogs background, weight, and behaviors. Everyone was so nice and professional. We appreciated the time they took with us, and hope to be back very soon to add on to our family! - Shannon Blair
CAHS' mailing address for all business and mail-in donations differs from the physical address.
For all mail correspondence / donations please send to :
Circle Area Humane Society
P.O. Box 784
Circleville OH 43113
Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and improve conditions. Your generous donation will fund our mission.
Copyright © 2021 Circle Area Humane Society - All Rights Reserved.